Lemon curd tart
Lemon Curd Tart
Crust (from Ina Garten)
12 T (1.5 sticks) of unsalted butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t vanilla extract
1 3/4 c all purpose flour
- Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer.
- Add flour, salt and vanilla. Mix until it becomes a shortbread-like dough.
- Press into tart pan (9″ or 10″) and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Line crust with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake for 20 min in 350° oven.
- Remove pie weights, and bake again for 20 mins at 350°.
Lemon Curd (modified slightly from Alton Brown’s recipe)
5 egg yolks
3/4 c sugar
3 lemons, zested & juiced
1 stick butter, halved
- Whisk yolks & sugar until light yellow & creamy.
- Measure out 1/3 c lemon juice. Add juice & zest to egg mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Place on low heat over a double boiler. Whisk until thickened, 10-15 mins.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- Pour into crust and let set.